The Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) was founded in 1954 and is the premier global association for executives involved in corporate growth, corporate development, and mergers and acquisitions for Fortune 500 firms and “middle market” companies. Membership is comprised of leaders from public and private corporations, private equity firms, financial institutions, and professional service firms.
These leaders are charged with building value in their organizations and typically focus on strategic activities that increase revenues, profits and, ultimately, stake-holder value. Today, there are almost 12,000 members in 53 chapters in North America and Europe.
ACG Seattle provides members and guests with the finest quality educational and technical programs. The diverse programming provides access to a myriad of ideas to successfully and consistently achieve sound corporate growth, whether through internal or external means. Programs cover virtually every aspect of corporate growth and development and have included topics such as:
- Developing new products and services
- Developing new markets for existing products and services
- Brand building and positioning
- Managing intellectual capital
- Strategic planning and development
- Competitive intelligence = competitive advantage
- Mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
- Joint ventures, partnerships and strategic alliances
- Recapitalization and “going private” transactions
- Alternative financing structures
As the business environment becomes more complex, executives face new challenges to profitability and success. The presentations offered by ACG Seattle provide senior corporate executives and professionals the opportunity to learn, grow and hone the skills necessary to successfully compete in a rapidly changing global economy.
Y20 – A Young Professionals Group
ACG Seattle is excited to be kicking off the second year of the Y20 program, featuring a selected group of young professionals under the age of 35. The program represents a balanced cross section of the ACG Chapter to promote sharing of knowledge, perspectives and experience across industries.
ACG Seattle has initiated a nominations and selection process for this young professionals group. Once selected, Y20 members will benefit from educational programs, networking events, and mentorship that runs from September 2016 – June 2018. Y20 members will gain valuable knowledge, insight and resources from their specific programing topics and networking opportunities that best meet their needs as well as their mentorship relationships.
• Programs: The programming focuses on issues and activities of particular interest to young professionals in early stages of their career.
• Networking: Y20 members have the opportunity to network and establish relationships with other young professionals as well as ACG members.
• Mentorship: Selected ACG members serve as mentors to Y20 members. The mentorship relationship is designed to support young professionals and their growth in becoming future business leaders.
Y20 Membership Fee
The two-year program costs $795. It includes:
- 4-6 Y20 programs each year
- 3-5 Y20 networking events each year
- Complimentary registration to ACG Seattle’s regular monthly programs each year ($745 value)
- Mentorship opportunity
- One-year ACG Global membership in second year ($325 value)
- 50% discount off the registration fee to the Northwest Middle Market Growth Conference ($230 value)